Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Contemporary Baby Quilt: Double Circles

I love circle quilts, I've sort of got a touch of circle mania.  I've got a couple (or four) others in the works.

This one is a baby quilt that I have listed on Etsy.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/110564921/fun-toddler-baby-crib-quilt-double?ref=cat1_gallery_35

The circles were done using the freezer paper method to form the circles.  The circles were first basted in place, and then top stitched to make them very secure.

Baby quilts need to be tough . . . it is always my hope that baby quilts get lots of use and love and dragging about.



The plaid is the backing fabric . . . and a close up of the quilting.

I've never been into 'baby' fabrics.
I like doing baby quilts with grown up fabrics.

The little green tea cups fabric is one of my favorites in the quilt.

Gee, it's cute.
I love making cute things.