Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Yellow and White Cross Stitch Quilt . . . Sweet as it can be

I bought this quilt in an antique store years ago.  It was love at first sight.  I've enjoyed having it displayed all these years, but now it's time for someone else to enjoy it's cheerfulness!

This quilt would be beautiful in a guest room.  Or on a young lady's bed.



This is one half the quilt . . . with my favorite block, the turquoise one! plus blue, pink and green.  The cross stitch workmanship is very good.
The other half . . . peach, purple, orange and yellow.  And the pastel variegated corner blocks.  I really like the diagonal piano key quilting on the edges too.

Sweet, Just plain sweet.

I'm not sure the vintage of this quilt . . . 80's maybe. 90's?  At any rate, I think it is
so nicely done it has a timeless quality.


Sold on Etsy ... this quilt traveled 2,267 miles
to it's new home in Michigan