Thursday, July 19, 2012

Amy Butler Quilt . . . Birds in Air

I love this quilt.  I love the colors. I love the jumbled blend of triangles of the Birds in Air pattern.

I must confess, I am having to have some talking to's with myself, because I want to keep all the quilts I'm making for Etsy.  Bless my little Miss Piggy heart.   But I have found a compromise, I've told myself I can just make another one.  That's working so far.

For Sale on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/104821379/contemporary-twin-size-handmade-quilt

. . . hanging from the dogwood tree
I wanted to post additional close up pics of the fabrics, they are all so wonderful.  It also gives you an idea of the quilting which is a continuous line of free form feathers in the variegated thread.  It was very fun to do.




Nice soft puckering, just like the quilts my grandma made. This quilt has a really nice "hand".

If you look closely (click to enlarge), you can see that binding which I just love.  It is gradient colors from blue to aqua to lime green with polka dots!