Friday, May 24, 2013

A Simple Little Nine Patch Quilt

You can never go wrong with a nine patch baby quilt, especially a nine patch set on point ... it makes a good case for less is more.  I find the simplicity very comforting.



When I was contemplating starting a blog, I read Pioneer Woman's tips for a successful blog.  The one that keeps sitting on my shoulder is "blog every day".  Every day?  Yikes. This is my 3rd post for the merry month of May.

So I've decided this is a blog-let as opposed to a blog.  With a blog-let you are free from the every day rule when, say, for instance ... you catch hEXiE MaNIa!!

I'll post about my hEXiE MaNIa!! the next few days.  And some of my other distractions that are keeping me at a 3 post per month average.

5 comments:

  1. This quilt is just so sweet; you're right, nine patches are great! I really like the way you display your quilts.

    When I started with the blog world, I tried to write every day; seems I've run out of subjects of interest. This month has gone by with only one post ;( I still read other people's post though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May is evidently just too busy a month ... the yard and garden are calling for attention too. I think I'll do another nine patch this week, just have to decide which pile o' fabrics to dive into.

      Delete
  2. This just reminded me that I haven't done a post this month yet....been busy with visitors, traveling and reading other quilters blog posts :)

    I was just thinking earlier this morning (and on other occassions) how tired I was of bloggers always apologizing for not posting...like they owe us a post...I'm just here to enjoy it when you do!

    Gotta go...picking up gal pal for lunch date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt. I'm sure you've noticed that PW doesn't blog everyday anymore. Take heart.
    But then there's Judy Laquidara who must blog a dozen times/day and makes up for everyone else. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, Judy has 9 posts, just today alone, so far! Bless her heart for picking up the slack! I think the nine patch is cute too, I'm going to do another this week.

      Delete