Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Another Circle Quilt . . . The Circle Mania continues

There are 3 more circle quilts in process . . . but I think they are going to rest a while.  The next one I'm going to finish is western lone stars set on a rusty color background.  They are so pretty.  I'm making two, one to sell and one to keep.

This quilt is just listed on Etsy.  I really, really would like to keep it.  But I can make another one, right?  https://www.etsy.com/listing/112456459/modern-contemporary-pieced-circles-couch?ref=cat1_gallery_5

Hanging on the Dogwood tree.

The rains have started again,

so there won't be opportunity
much longer for au naturel photography.  

When piecing the circles, a circle of the blocks back fabric is cut away.

The circles for this quilt are made with the cutaway from
blended circle quilts with 5 inch blocks that I am working on.

The circles for this quilt are 4 1/2 inches.

And on and on it goes . . . the cutaways from this quilt
are the start of yet another circle quilt which will have gold circles.

Now you're starting to see how the circle mania gets started . . . . 

For the next quilt, the gold circles will end up about 3 1/2 inches after sewing.
I will probably use them with a different set of backing fabrics.

Close up of the quilting and some of the fabrics.
The circle fabric is one of my favorites.  I still have some left, yea!

This circle fabric has a little bit of gold metallic in it.

This teal fabric has heavy gold metallic.  It's gorgeous.

This fabric has lots of variation, so every piece cut looks different.

More of the quilting and the fabrics.  All the
little squares are from the fabrics used in the circles.


In the living room of my beautiful little 1906 house.

I think everyone who has lived in this house has loved it
because no one has messed with it.

The wood is unpainted and the light fixtures are original (including glass globes) with the original push button switches.

The oak flooring is a redo.  The floors were originally fir
which still remain in the TV room and pantry.

Someday I'll do a post of this little house.

The first mistress of this house was a petite French woman named Sophie Bergeron.  
By pure luck I have a doll that was originally hers.