Saturday, January 19, 2013

Another Quilt Ensemble in Pinks and Browns

Pink and brown quilts.  I love pink and brown quilts ... this is the 4th one I've made.  Although this quilt was intended to be for me, I decided to finish it up and offer it for sale.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/120945289/valentine-pink-brown-and-white-full

The pinks range from mauve pinks to peachy pinks so the quilt will
blend into just about whatever pink is in the room.

There is a suite of accessory pillows.

Which is truthfully my way of not having many scraps left after a project.


There are two standard pillow shams, accessory pillow, and a neckroll pillow.
I like the neckrolls to cover the tops of the sleeping pillows.

Detail on the sham ... they look like the O's in X's & O's

The back of the shams ... button closures and a mauve pink toile.

One of my QFF's (quilting friend forever) makes fun of my affection
for figural toiles.  I can't help it, I just love them.

Another view of the neckroll ... it has drawstring closures at the ends.

The back of the accent pillow is also with the figural toile.
The back of the quilt is a scrappy patchwork of bits of pink and brown fabrics.  It is my homage to all quilters who of necessity made do with what they had.

I like it's scrappy country quilt look.

A close up of some of the fabrics ...

... and on the couch in the living room, just for another perspective.